Gordon's fwd'd Q's

Mark Walker mwalker at aisvt.bfg.com
Wed Oct 8 09:08:31 EDT 1997

I haven't taken the time to respond to any of the questions being cross posted
by Gordon Ramel (don't know that I'm an expert on any of the topics, but that
hasn't stopped me from posting in the past };>).

I just wanted to say that I am really pleased, and hope that such questions
continue to flood my email inbox.  I don't know where they are coming from,
Gordon, but keep 'em coming.  This is the heart of what we are all about, and I
suspect that many of us started loving insects as children.

I hope others are all over these questions.  I haven't seen any responses
posted to LEPS-L, though.  Let's make a pointed effort to provide young
Nicholas (and all other young entomologists) with the information they desire.

Thanks, Gordon, for keeping us focused on something really important.

Mark Walker.

> This message is from Nicholas Watson <pwatson at montrose.net>, a 4 year old
pre-schooler from Montrose, Colorado.

> I found a caterpillar (black wiht an orange band in the middle) and want to
know what to feed it and how long before it turns into a moth.  I looked in a
book wiht my mom and we think it is a "banded wollybear".  Please send me any
information on how to take care of this caterpillar.