bug control in collections.

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Tue Oct 21 07:53:15 EDT 1997

Semjase wrote:

> Gary:
>
> Don't know for sure but I would imagine the cedar is a repellent.  One thing I
>  do in a climate that is not frozen over ever is to stick a suspect collection
>  in the freezer.  I guess in your case just putting it outside might work.
>  Just some thoughts.
>
> Best Wishes
>
> S.

cedar sure doesn't repel much in Florida. :) I am afraid to look into
the cedar chest I haven't checked in two years.
it's a good idea to sand them down every so often, to wake up the smell.
I think all it's doing is covering the odor of the delicious woolens and
things.
I wonder if freezing will kill eggs and such. many of them expect it and
are built for it. ain't nature wonderful.
Anne Kilmer
South Florida