Are Monarch Butterfly Populations Rising?

Ed Rooney trdrelmNOSPAMNO at ma.ultranet.com
Tue Sep 9 21:45:58 EDT 1997

In article <jbhicks-ya02408000R0409970456440001 at news.inlink.com>,
jbhicks at inlink.com (J. Brad Hicks) wrote:

 (snippity-doo-dah....)

> So, does anybody know if there been a monarch butterfly population
> explosion, or has this just been an odd year for me?
>
>     Monarch and other butterfly  populations can have exceptional
years,of high and low populations, either locally or regionally due to
weather, disease, or absence of same, a boom in the predator cycle,
available host plants for caterpillars; and these plants can be affected
by some of the same factors in their own way.  It may really be a good
year for Monarchs in your area.  (it has been in mine.  (S.E. Mass.)

                                                            Ed Rooney

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.