FWD: tersa sphinx moth

Gordon Ramel bug.man at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 03:36:11 EDT 1997

----- Forwarded message follows -----
Delivery-Date: Mon, 15 Sep 97 16:06:44 +0100
Alternate-Recipient: allowed
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 97 15:58:22 +0100
To: /C=GB/ADMD= /PRMD=UK.AC/O=BBSRC/PN=bug.man/
Subject: tersa sphinx moth
From: efurban at mail.utexas.edu
Encoding: 34 IA5TEXT

Howdy Gordon,

I have built an outdoor enclosure to rear the Tersa Sphinx Moths, I have
found in the yard.  The catepillars, I know, feast upon the Penta plant but
what will the adults need.  This is what I found in Petersons moth book:
"Manettiaspp, smooth button plant, starclusters."  I cant find any of those
plants in any plant book.  Can you give me any insight for feeding so when
they spring into adulthood I can be ready....which could be any minute
now....

Much Obliged!!

Catherine Urban
UT

          / | / |
         |  |   |
         |  |   |
           \| \ |
           /| / |
         |  |   |
         |  |   |
           \| \ |

"Not gifted with genius but honestly holding his experience deep in his
heart, he kept his simplicity and humanity."
                                    Nanao Sakaki