FWD: Where to find links to help identify the moth I caught (by matching pictures) GEHP

Gordon Ramel bug.man at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 03:41:33 EDT 1997

----- Forwarded message follows -----
Delivery-Date: Tue, 16 Sep 97 03:40:30 +0100
Alternate-Recipient: allowed
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 97 03:23:35 +0100
To: bugnet at ero.ent.iastate.edu
Subject: Where to find links to help identify the moth I caught  (by matching
         pictures) GEHP
From: tim.a.chavez at wichita.boeing.com
Encoding: 11 IA5TEXT

This message is from Tim Chavez <tim.a.chavez at wichita.boeing.com>, a Scoutmaster, ameteur naturalist, incurable gardener and bug-hunter from Wichita, Kansas USA.

I planted moonflower this year and just as they said, the big moths came! Then, I caught one, but its not a sphinx or hawkmoth. It's big though, more than 6 cm across when resting. It's fairly triangular in shape. Is it possible to find a pictorial listing on the net. Alta vista gave me hundreds of hits, this one was the 80th I'd tried,     whew... gotta be a better way.
I would be better at the scholarly half of bug catching, (identifying) but I spend too much time out catching them! Now I have a few hundred and hope to enlist my kids at my kids' school to help build a collection for their new lab. Steer us plz! Thanx.    Timitus Bugkatchius Chavez (Yes I am an adult, I know its hard to tell)
:>)

--
NOTE: This message was sent using a WWW form. Replies should be sent to the following email address which was typed manually, and may  be incorrect: <tim.a.chavez at wichita.boeing.com>.

----- End of forwarded message -----