Monarch transfers and releases

lday at iquest.net lday at iquest.net
Sat Sep 27 19:56:15 EDT 1997

The release doesn't sound as though it will do any lasting harm.
However, it disturbs me that it was publicized as something that
would benefit the monarch population, or be of scientific value,
when it is neither.  I believe (sorry, this is a personal sore point)
that the public deserves to hear the truth about nature/biology/
conservation, as far as the facts are known, and that events like
this one will backfire sooner or later and increase people's skepticism.
And even if they won't, the dishonesty is still wrong.
Sorry!

Liz Day

LDAY at iquest.net
Indianapolis, Indiana, central USA, 40 N latitude, zone 5.
Home of "Fred", the oldest living regal moth pupa.
http://www.iquest.net/~lday