Collecting Permit Ideas

Mark Walker mwalker at aisvt.bfg.com
Mon Aug 17 10:56:06 EDT 1998

Doug Dawn wrote:

(in regards to Mr. Jones)

>He would break the law, rape the country of its most prized national
treasure
with a priceless "market value", run from the authorities, seduce the most
exciting and adventurous Brazilian women, shave the chief headhunter's head
find a distorted map with the Lat/Long mixed up, and make friends with the
savviest street child from Sao Paolo to help him in his thievery.  He
probably
wouldn't bother to learn Portuguese but would be fluent in the chief
headhunter's
language which no Euro/Asian-Brasilian knows.  And he especially would have
only
the traditional uses for deli dishes.

I see your point.  I suppose I chose this character because the "wild and
crazy field lepidopterist" image doesn't seem to convey as effectively.
Still, my salad days being over, raping and pillaging probably could
satisfyingly be replaced by late night heart-to-heart discussions with
native Brazilians.

>But for those diehards who really want to play Indy and not just talk
Romance, no
whining please!!!  The fantasy is more obtainable than ever

All except for the net.  That's the part I don't want to leave out.  But
you're right - whining is no solution.  Although not complete, I think
talking is more of a solution than we think.

>Independent of the above, Brasil is such a beautiful country.  If you still
can't
resist, just move there

Now that's the most profound piece of advice I've heard/seen yet.  I'll have
to think about that one.

Mark Walker.