D'Abrera

Pierre le Roux arbor at mweb.co.za
Thu Aug 6 13:59:55 EDT 1998

Dear Listers,

At the risk of drawing the discussion  (probably off thread already
by a long way) out some more, I'd like clarification on the following
- keeping in mind that I'm a stupid bichemist that didn't pay too
much attention to Evolutionary theory :-)

1.Why all the insistence that there is no Creator ? - to my mind,
Evolution as a possible tool by which Creation took place, makes
sense and fits into place. Taking things such as  Layered Stability, etc, into
account, it is accomodated rather too neatly by the sequence described in
the early chapter of the Bible.

2. Would it be possible that we humans can be likened to a batch of
latest-technology desktop computers trying to figure out why and how
we were created: Surely the Creator should be exceedingly more
complex than his creations, and our interpretations of His reasoning
might be good approximations, but to try and paint Him out of the
picture totally, is rather unfair?

THEN: I still want someone to tell me that EVERYTHING is functional,
particularly in butterflies, and wasn't intended in a lot of
instances just simply to be beautiful. Maybe I evolved to see things
as beautiful as well?
Pierre le Roux Tel&Fax:+(27)-15-583-0084
P.O. Box 8     ( Cellphone+27-82-9234-975)
0929 Levubu
South Africa
23 05'S 30 15'E, 680m above mean sealevel.