Rare Butterfly from China mainland

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 17:58:15 EDT 1998

In article <b1ef623702021004bdbf@[150.164.24.214]>
           dyanega at mono.icb.ufmg.br "Doug Yanega" writes:

> Anne Kilmer wrote (and this is not a personal slap, Anne, you know me better):
>
> >On the other hand, here he is where we can all inform him of his errors.
> >Better he
> >should post to us, rather than elsewhere.
>
> Actually, he IS posting elsewhere - he's also selling his wares on
> rec.antiques and misc.entrepreneurs, at least, and his postings are being
> routed through anonymous remailers so they can't be traced.

What is more he is not just advertising butterflies.

Interestingly the remailer is passing its stuff via the Computer Science
Lab at the Massachusets Institute of Technology. The home of the original
computer hackers.

The attempt at masking the Web address is laughably easy to trace it is
actually on tripod.com.

> In other words,
> this is someone who knows EXACTLY what they are doing, and who clearly
> realizes it is unethical. No one uses anonymous remailers and dummy web
> site addresses *by accident*. Here we appear to have a genuine example of
> precisely that type of "bad apple" who breaks laws and ruins things for
> everyone else, and I would hope that NO ONE on this list condones this sort
> of activity. Does it HAVE to be rhino horn and tiger skins before anyone
> gets outraged??

Certainly not!

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog