Rare butterfly

John Grehan jrg13 at psu.edu
Sun Aug 9 18:10:04 EDT 1998

Regarding laws and illegal collecting etc. I can sympathize with Mark about
there being too many stupid laws, but I don't find his rhetoric very
informative about the situation regarding collecting protected butterflies.
I am trying to find out who if anyone has any responsibility over such
matter in the US Fish and Wildlife Service. Ironically, I'm disgusted with
the way that same organization has gone after US citizens on behalf of
foreign governments simply because those people don't comply with the Lacey
Act even though the activities of these people was not a threat to
conserving our biodiversity (at least as far as I was able to determine).

Sincerely, John Grehan