Lynch Mob

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 12 17:19:31 EDT 1998

In message <35D19B6C.4E9E at gate.net> Anne Kilmer writes:
> mark jackson wrote:
> >
> > Hi,       I think you should take a good look at
> > Dao Lu web page, it states on it that you need
> > to get a permit from USDA to buy from him.
> > So how is he selling " Red Book " specimens?
> > Sometimes it seams to me there is a lynch mob
> > mentality here. Has anyone apologized to him?
> >                                mark j.
>
> The USDA stuff is a recent addition. This may be why he is again
> requesting our attention.
> The USDA is not concerned with preserving insects worldwide (in this
> matter); they're making sure his bugs don't have communicable diseases
> and such. Phytosanitary permit.
> Neil, maybe you should fill us in on the Red Book stuff. And have you
> (has anybody) actually communicated with him?
> Cheers
> Anne Kilmer
> South Florida
> Go not to the elves for council, for they will tell you no and yes.

The Swallowtail Red DATA book:Threatened Swallowtail Butterflies of the
world is published by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature
and Natural Resources (IUCN) which is based in Switzerland.

I find it a little wearing to hear people saying that this guy seems ok.
I suspect it may be because some people are less familiar with spammers'
tactics. Firstly he is using FOUR different approaches to hiding his tracks.
Pretty clever use of the web when you can't speak English well;-)

Nowhere is a true Email address displayed. The one on his web page
(which displays the bank account details of a different person!)is
yet another anonymous remailer!

Would you buy a used car off this guy!?

Do I need to reiterate what a regulator could say about this!?

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog