Covell's EASTERN MOTHS

Joseph G. Kunkel joe at bio.umass.edu
Sun Aug 16 19:55:32 EDT 1998

Moth lovers,
I have been keeping my eyes pealed for Charley Covell's EASTERN MOTHS
(now out of print) and have seen it disappear from the shelves of new
book stores and as well from the shelves of old book stores.
The present generation of moth-ers are keeping their copies close to
their vest and a new generation of lepidopterists will have to inherit
the volumes from retiring seniors.  We will have to maintain a watch of
the old book stores to provide our fellow moth-ers the direction to find
their Covell.

My latest sighting was in an old book store in Newfane, Vermont; a
single volume along with several other Peterson Field Guides, seemingly
in mint condition, paperback.  It is about 15 minutes north of
Bratelboro Vt just off Rt 30 near the Newfane village green:

Olde & New England Books
West Street
PO Box 408
Newfane VT 05345