Sleeping Butterflies

evoluhol at magnum.wpe.com evoluhol at magnum.wpe.com
Mon Aug 17 12:19:09 EDT 1998

Sleeping butterflies,

As part of an ongoing study I am accumulating information on the overnight
habits of adult North American butterflies.  I would be glad to receive
any bits of information on your observations of specific species and their
wild sleep habits -- those you have watched settle in, or those you have
discovered in the dark.  On warm nights, be it wind or animal that
disturbs them, adult butterflies may be disturbed enough to fly whereby
they often fly to a light and stay for the night, light on or off -- but
this request is for those observed or come upon out in meadow and
woodland.

Thanks,
Dave