Lymantria monacha?

Jaakko B Kullberg jkullber at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 21 03:31:01 EDT 1998

I just returned from the Russian Far East territory where I had nice
time about 1 month. I viseted mainly in the areas near Vladivostok and
it was amazing to see incredible numbers of Lymantriids. Of course
monacha was also common, but dispar and especially Quercus feeding L.
matura were devastating when the light was used to collecting. L. matura
is as big as dispar! However dispar males are also day active and the
species was most abundant dayflying Lepidopteran!

jaska