P. sennae/ Cloudless Sulfur in Forsyth Co., NC

Burnetted at aol.com Burnetted at aol.com
Sun Aug 30 22:38:21 EDT 1998

Hi Butterfly Folks,

I had the occasion to spend much of Saturday morning and Sunday morning,
7/29-30, in Forsyth Co., NC in the Clemmons/Lewisville area south and west of
Winston-Salem.  This is in the Upper Piedmont of the state.  There seems to be
a good flight underway of Phoebis sennae/ Cloudless Sulfur in that county.  I
saw 2 to 3 per hour, with totals 10 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday.  In my home
county of Guilford, one county to the east, I am still seeing in the range of
1 to 3 per day in casual observation on the way to and from work.

In Forsyth on Saturday I also saw 2 Little Yellows/Eurema lisa, an uncommon to
rare species in the Upper Piedmont that I do not see every year.

Cheers,

Dennis Burnette
Greensboro, NC
burnetted at aol.com