FW: Query re Plumed Prominent (Ptilophora plumigera) distribution

Roger C. KENDRICK kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
Wed Dec 2 03:20:47 EST 1998

Hi Tony,

I recall that the Buckinghamshire Moth Group (under the guidance of Martin
Albertini) have much more success in finding the plumed prominent in the larval
stage, but only on field maple growing on calcareous soils (e.g. at Burnham
Beeches and other Chiltern localities. You might want to see what Martin Harvey
(Berkshire moth recorder) has to say on the matter (can't find his e-mail
address right now, but you will find him on the county moth recorder list).

Hope this helps,

regards,
Roger.

Roger C. KENDRICK   B.Sc.(Hons.)
PhD student & Demonstrator, Dept of Ecology & Biodiversity
The University of Hong Kong
mailto:kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
http://web.hku.hk/~kendrick/hkmoth.htm   « Hong Kong Moths »
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/1085/   « H.K. Lepidoptera Group »
mail: Kadoorie Agricultural Research Centre
      The University of Hong Kong
      Lam Kam Road, Shek Kong,
      Yuen Long, New Territories
      Hong Kong