To lurk or not to lurk. . .

Daniel L Robinson kalos2 at juno.com
Tue Dec 22 06:40:45 EST 1998

I sincerely wish to commend Neil and so many others for their
consistently open, welcoming and professional responses to such a variety
of postings.  Anne Kilmer is another lepper who should be commended for
her delightful ways of sharing so much good information.  Mark Walker
with his travel diaries makes quite a geography lesson for my kids. (For
you moms out there, try having the kids put a sticker on the map for all
his trips and play dot to dot!).  Of course, the international postings
are always of special interest, whether one is a soaring Swallowtail
style (Papilionidae)  "poster"   or a shy Lycaenidae lurker such as
myself.

In article <75eqbm$16e$1 at newnews.global.net.uk>
           mervyn97 at yahoo.com "Sean Danischevsky" writes:

>. . . . .
> . . . . what is a lepidoptera?

When I first read this posting, I braced myself for whatever was coming.
I feared the worst.  I was sure this would be the last question _this_
guy would ever ask about butterflies!

Neil's response was polite, logical and informative.  Such a gentleman's
response to scientific inquiry encourages all leppers, no matter where
they fall on the continuum, to begin the process of seeking more
information.

Sean's particular posting  just almost requires a response, because,
after all, if you don't know what a lep is. . . how can you possibly
follow the advice my husband always tells me,  to "lurk before you lep!"
 All in good fun. . .

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Sight-ing,

Martha, Washington  (near Seattle)   . . . waiting to see my first
Monarch up here after moving from _Texas_ 15 months ago.   Any
suggestions?