Great Purple Hairstreak

Jeff Harding jmh at proaxis.com
Thu Dec 31 20:52:54 EST 1998

We found a great purple hairstreak - my first - feeding on choke cherry blossoms
here in Oregon, (Lake County north of Lakeview) last June.  I had a hard time
photographing it, and only got two bad shots, but identifiable.  It was at eye
level, but deep in the bush, which was on a steep slope.  Spectacular butterfly!

Jeff