Looking for FLA Limacodid info.

Carol R. Lemmon clemmon at caes.state.ct.us
Fri Jan 2 15:50:53 EST 1998

Greetings to all:

I am planning a trip to Central and Southern Florida for the end of
January, in search of certain lepidopteran larvae to photograph in habitat.
 I am having difficulty in finding up to date, or in some cases any, larval
host records for many of the Limacodids in Florida.  Obviously, if you
don't know what the larva eats, it makes it quite a bit more difficult to
locate them for photography.  Any information on this subject would be
greatly appreciated.  The species of interest are as follows:

Euclea nanina
Monoleuca subdentosa
Monoleuca semifascia
Monoleuca obliqua
Natada nasoni
Isochaetes beutenmuelleri
Alarodia slossoniae
Apoda biguttata
Apoda rectilinea
Apoda y-inversum
Lithacodes gracea
Heterogenea shurtleffi
Slossonella tenebrosa

Please send any responses/info to my supervisors E-mail address
(clemmon.caes.state.ct.us).
Thank you.

Jeff Fengler
Research Assistant