China moth

Roger C. KENDRICK kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
Mon Jul 6 09:48:28 EDT 1998

Could you be thinking of the China-mark species (there are several) of
Nymphulinae (Family Pyralidae), whose larvae are aquatic? A clue as to
where your water lilies are may help, but there have been species from this
subfamily transported (inadvertantly) by horticultural suppliers right
around the world, so without further information about your species'
patterning, size, etc. it's difficult to be more precise.

regards,

Roger.

Don Barry wrote:

> Who can tell me anything about the "China moth" a pest on water lilies?
>
> --
> Don Barry
> Univ. of Maine Cooperative Extension
> Pest Management Office
> 491 College Ave.
> Orono, ME 04473-1295
>
> Tel: 207-581-3884
> Toll free (within Maine) 1-800-287-0279
> Fax: 207-581-3881
> Email dbarry at umce.umext.maine.edu
> http://pmo.umext.maine.edu

Roger C. KENDRICK   B.Sc.(Hons.)
PhD student & Demonstrator, Dept of Ecology & Biodiversity
The University of Hong Kong
mailto:kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
http://web.hku.hk/~kendrick/hkmoth.htm   « Hong Kong Moths »
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/1085/   « H.K. Lepidoptera Group