Rare Butterfly from China

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 8 12:58:13 EDT 1998

In article <199807080753.PAA14068 at info.hz.zj.cn>
           Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1] "Dao Lu" writes:

>   I am a small Collector of butterfly , lived in china .
>   I have a rare butterfly ( Formal name : " Luehdorfia chinensis Leech " ),Its
>  wing's veins
> like tiger , and Its producing area only in China.
>   Do anyone can tell me where I can find some collectors or dealers who
>  interested in buy the
> Chinese butterfly ?
>
> Please go to "http://209.67.19.100/~china_collection/H" for photo of the
>  butterfly .
>
> ( Sorry for my bad English )
>
> Thank you very much !
> Dao Lu E-Mail : "gold-china at bigfoot.com"

I am a little concerned about this posting. The information that I have been
able to find on this species of butterfly indicates that it is listed
in the International Red Data book.
I do not think that the commercial trade in rare/endangered species should
be encouraged across the internet.

This is not an attempt to restart the collecting debate.
I hope people will realise that Red Data book species are a subject
of particular concern.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog