Field Guide to Moths: RIP

Pierre A Plauzoles ae779 at lafn.org
Fri Jul 10 02:07:18 EDT 1998

In a previous article, lday at iquest.net (Liz Day) says:

>My experience has been that whenever you mention moths, people immediately
>want to know if their clothes will be eaten.  They think most moths eat
>clothes.

You are right.  This is indeed a sad commentary on the state of affairs on
the scholastic side of this country's scientific establishment - and
perhaps Pierre Zagatti, Doug Yanega or someone else can correct me on this
(I would not at all be surprised to see them confirm it), but I think
most of the world is in the same boat or one awfully similar to it.
Pierre Plauzoles   ae779 at lafn.org
Canoga Park, California