Brazil---strictness

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Sat Jul 18 05:57:30 EDT 1998

Ed Willis and I were birdwatching in the museum gardens around Iguacu
(Brazilian side) one morning.  I had a small pocket tape recorder to
record field notes.  The guard approached us and told us it was illegal
to bird watch there with a tape recorder without a permit.  To get the
permit we would need to go to Sao Paulo.   He ushered us to the car and
told us we must not stop anywhere along any road in the Park.

PS: We crossed over to the Argentine side and had a great day.