Collecting Permit Ideas

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 18 17:56:40 EDT 1998

In article <35AF5580.6ABA at ix.netcom.com>
           mikayak at ix.netcom.com "Mike Soukup" writes:

> An easy one Mark,
>
>         Who gave collectors a bad name?.....the tree huggers - and the media
> with it's strong liberal communist bias.  Don't eat meat.  Don't wear
> furs.  Save the whales. Humans are evil.  And, of course, how can you
> KILL such a pretty thing?
> --
> Mike Soukup
> mikayak at ix.netcom.com
> Web Page => http://pw1.netcom.com/~mikayak
> click here to send E-mail=> mailto:mikayak at ix.netcom.com

This one caused me to smile. The irony is that this characterisation of
environmentalists is EXACTLY the same as that repeatedly used by
the Revolutionary Communist Party here in the UK.

I for one see nothing wrong with attempting to prevent the extinction
of humans, whales , butterflies or any other kind of animal.

I am once more reminded of the quotation by the American naturalist
William Beebe:-

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its
first material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again
inspire the composer; but when the last individual of a race of living
things breathes no more another heaven and another earth must pass before
such a one can be again."

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog