London Butterfly House

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 04:49:01 EDT 1998

In message <6opool$8vf$1 at uranium.btinternet.com> "Barrie Harwood" writes:
> The London Butterfly House is still in existance at Syon Park, West London -
> (you'll find this on any London Map)
>
> It's also very worth while visiting the Stratford Butterfly farm in
> Shakespeare's home town of Stratford upon Avon and Worldlife in Sherborne in
> Dorset - probably the oldest Butterfly Farm in the world!
>
> Hope this is of help
>
> Best wishes
>
> Barrie

I would definately recomend the Stratford place. It is a near 300 mile
round trip for me to visit but I would definately consider it as a day trip.
I have been there recently and it is very good.

I have my doubts
about the one in Sherborne. I presume you must mean what was "Worldwide
Butterflies" and later "Conservation Worldwide". I was there a few years
ago and it was pretty poor. It has gone down hill in recent years.
I have visited the place several times since the 1970's. The last time
I was rather disapointed. If you are passing by all means take a look
but I would not recommend a special trip.

The London place was fine when I was there quite a while ago.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog