Lack of butterflies

David Albaugh bugguy at webtv.net
Sun Jul 19 21:31:53 EDT 1998

Well, here in Rhode Island we have finally had a period of no rain
(about 12 days now). The sun has been shining and the temps have been in
the mid to upper 80's yet there have still not been any butterflies! I
went to a local florist the other day, they are one of RI's largest
suppliers of butterfly bush. They have a lot with well over 1000 bushes
in bloom and guess what? NOT ONE BUTTERFLY!!! I have never seen anything
so depressing!
I did see a cabbage white today though so maybe things are looking up! I
hope everyone else is doing better.