unidentified and new moth species

Roger C. KENDRICK kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
Sat Jun 27 10:09:25 EDT 1998

Illustrations of some new moths to science, species newly recorded from
Hong Kong and some species I've yet to identify are posted at
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/1085/nf_mfeat.html [H.K.
Lepidoptera Group's Featured Moths]. If you're interested, or can shed
some light as to the identity of the unidentified species, I would
welcome your thoughts (either via LEPS-L or direct e-mail).
I would be most interested in comments as to the possible function of
the long legs of the illustrated Oecophorid species (could this be
mimicry of an Orthopteran or is it some physiological function?)

regards,

Roger.

Roger C. KENDRICK   B.Sc.(Hons.)
PhD student & Demonstrator, Dept of Ecology & Biodiversity
The University of Hong Kong
mailto:kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
http://web.hku.hk/~kendrick/hkmoth.htm   « Hong Kong Moths »
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/1085/   « H.K. Lepidoptera