White Admiral

J.B.Murray (John Murray) J.B.Murray at open.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 12:15:34 EST 1998

I read a year ago that following taxonomic research, the agreed latin name for
the White Admiral had been changed back from Ladoga camilla to the old name of
Limenitis camilla, and so I correspondingly changed the name in the Herts &
Middx Butterfly and Moth report for 1996.

Looking at recent publications, however, such as

Warren et al. 1997:  Assessing national conservation priorities: an improved Red
List of British Butterflies   Biological Conservation  82: 317-328

I see that Ladoga camilla is still being used.  What is the current situation?

John Murray