FWD: Metamorphosis Of Butterflies GEHP

Gordon Ramel bug.man at bbsrc.ac.uk
Sat Mar 21 07:16:34 EST 1998

----- Forwarded message follows -----
Delivery-Date: Thu, 19 Mar 98 11:07:03 +0000
Alternate-Recipient: allowed
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 98 10:51:00 +0000
To: bugnet at ero.ent.iastate.edu
Subject: Metamorphosis Of Butterflies GEHP
From: post at whitbycc.force9.co.uk
Encoding: 23 IA5TEXT

This message is from Whitby Community College (Biology Department) <post at whitbycc.force9.co.uk>, a A-level Student from Whitby, North Yorkshire, England.

We are a group of A-level students researching Metamorphosis of Butterflies and are unable to find suitable material. We would be grateful to receive answers to any of the following questions.

1. How do the proteins reform within the chrysalis to transforn a caterpillar via metamorphosis ?

2.What enzymes are needed for the above process ?

3. What energy requrements are needed in this process and where is the energy obtained from ?

4. What protein requrements are asociated with this process ?

5. Are there any species of butterflies/moths which are exceptions from this process (metamorphosis) or have unusual behaviour ?

Thank you for your time.

--
NOTE: This message was sent using a WWW form. Replies should be sent to the following email address which was typed manually, and may  be incorrect: <post at whitbycc.force9.co.uk>.

----- End of forwarded message -----