FWD: Metamorphosis Of Butterflies GEHP

Roger C. KENDRICK kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
Sun Mar 22 14:04:00 EST 1998

in reply Joe Kunkel wrote:
> I am reluctant to say much .....
> I hope this last flight of fancy stimulates some thinking.

I don't know about thinking, but this jogs a memory cell or two into
recalling some comments about bagworm moths (Family Psychidae), in which
the females of some species don't emerge or only just emerge from their
pupae - I'll try to dig out a reference on this.

regards,

Roger.
Roger C. KENDRICK   B.Sc.(Hons.)
PhD student & Demonstrator, Dept of Ecology & Biodiversity
The University of Hong Kong
mailto:kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
http://web.hku.hk/~kendrick/hkmoth.htm   + Hong Kong Moths ;
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/1085/   + H.K. Lepidoptera
Group ;
mail: Kadoorie Agricultural Research Centre
      The University of Hong Kong
      Lam Kam Road, Shek Kong,
      Yuen Long, New Territories
      Hong Kong