Conjugation of Caterpillars

Scott Nicholson scott at nospam.com
Tue Mar 31 20:37:39 EST 1998

In article <6fd5q2$rmf at dfw-ixnews10.ix.netcom.com>, Lee J. Clockman
<greystps at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>What is known about this?  Over 100+ caterpillars together on a limb.
Photograph N.W. Amazon-
>Rondonia.

I'm not sure of the species, but from my knowledge the caterpillars you
are talkinbg about have very strong poison in there spines. I've seen them
on a Discover Show a year back or so. It showed accounts of people
gettting deathly sick from them. My theory is that they conggregate in
large groups for protection purposes. Makes them look much larger. Go
check your local University library if they have an audio-visual
department. You might find something.

Scott Nicholson