Sociology of Butterflies

Burnetted at aol.com Burnetted at aol.com
Thu May 28 23:22:15 EDT 1998

Greetings,

Pierre Zagatti said: "...I am not really familiar with sociology, but I'm
certain that there are far less persons 'looking at' insects in France and
Mediterranean countries than in northern ones."

Butterflies are my hobby; I am a sociologist by profession, and Pierre has
made an intriguing observation that has roused my professional curiosity. Have
others on the list server noticed any cultural/ethnic differences in interest
in butterflies and other insects in Europe?

Dennis Burnette
Greensboro, NC
burnetted at aol.com