Creation of newsgroup uk.rec.lepidoptera

Niklas Wahlberg niklas.wahlberg at Helsinki.FI
Tue Nov 24 06:18:37 EST 1998

As a European outside the UK, I have to say I would very disappointed if
the Brits would discuss their lep-sightings among themselves only. As Neil
pointed out, all your butterfly species occur outside the UK as well! As
for the US based volume of the messages on this list; that is just a
question of how active the readers of the list are. I am certainly guilty
of posting infrequently, but that does not mean I'm not interested in
receiving the majority of the postings (if I was, I'd sign off!). So, maybe
us Europeans should activate ourselves?! (Kind of difficult since the last
time I saw a butterfly was some months ago...).

Cheers,
Niklas

   Niklas Wahlberg
   Department of Ecology and Systematics