Creation of newsgroup uk.rec.lepidoptera

Andrew Wood AndrewGWood at compuserve.com
Tue Nov 24 13:46:25 EST 1998

As a subsciber to the listserv rather than using usenet on any regular
basis I would much prefer that we had one integrated forum for all
discussion about moths and butterflies whatever the geographical origin of
the contributors or the organisms being discussed.  The whole point of the
internet is that it crosses national barriers in just the same way as many
butterfly and moth populations and we should therefore be discussing them
on an international basis.

Many postings are of no direct relevance to me but there is not so much
traffic that I cannot easily remove anything that I am not interested in.
I am not a frequent contributor but if there is something that I want to
share then this list seem perfectly suited to it.  I cannot see any good
reason to fragment discussion in this area

Andrew Wood
Bengeo
Herts
UK