Hydriomena ruberata at the Belgian-German border

Bernhard Theissen Bernhard.Theissen at post.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Nov 27 12:58:31 EST 1998

--------------28EECFE22BA8E4CE3F9A0814

Hello, I am new in this news-group!
In the spring 1998 I foundt Hydromenia ruberata in the Eifel-mountains,
a highland area at the western German border. For it has not been
recorded in the county for 90 years it is a very nice capture. In the
spring 1908 PUENGELER, a German Lepidoperologist (maybe you know
Puengeleria capreolaria), caught it in these highlands, too. In the same
year the scientist foundt it in Zermatt, Switzerland. Further it is very
common in Scandinavia. The area of this species seems to be
"boreo-alpin", but I am not very sure. PORTER writes in "Caterpillars of
the British Isles", that it can be found locally in most parts of
Britain, more frequently in the north. If this localities are cold and
humide places, my theory of the species "habitat linkage" and
distribution would be right.
Thank you for reading and I hope you have got some facts to the
distribution of Hydriomena ruberata.

Bernhard

P.S.: Regard the publication "New results on foodplant-ecology and
phenology of the caterpillars of macrolepidoptera", written by Ludger
Wirooks and Bernhard Theissen, October 1998. Link

--------------28EECFE22BA8E4CE3F9A0814

<HTML>
Hello, I am new in this news-group!
<BR>In the spring 1998 I foundt <I>Hydromenia ruberata </I>in the Eifel-mountains,
a highland area at the western German border. For it has not been recorded
in the county for 90 years it is a very nice capture. In the spring 1908
PUENGELER, a German Lepidoperologist (maybe you know <I>Puengeleria capreolaria</I>),
caught it in these highlands, too. In the same year the scientist foundt
it in Zermatt, Switzerland. Further it is very common in Scandinavia. The
area of this species seems to be "boreo-alpin", but I am not very sure.
PORTER writes in "Caterpillars of the British Isles", that it can be found
locally in most parts of Britain, more frequently in the north. If this
localities are cold and humide places, my theory of the species "habitat
linkage" and distribution would be right.
<BR>Thank you for reading and I hope you have got some facts to the distribution
of <I>Hydriomena ruberata</I>.
<P>Bernhard
<P>P.S.: Regard the publication "New results on foodplant-ecology and phenology
of the caterpillars of macrolepidoptera", written by Ludger Wirooks and
Bernhard Theissen, October 1998. <B><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/andes/5102/publikation.htm">Link</A></B></HTML>