Common Names please?

Alex danetherton at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 5 08:15:45 EDT 1998

Actually, Nettle (Urtica dioica) is quite edible, though not tasty (tastes
like Spinach) though I have heard that some butterflies eat them...
In the British Isles Urtica has been used as food, and as a source for fiber
in the making of tablecloths, and bed linen.
Yes. It hurt. I am altogether too familiar with Urtica dioica.
Alex Netherton
Asheville NC
danetherton at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~danetherton