airtight storage how?

John Grehan jrg13 at psu.edu
Thu Oct 15 10:58:55 EDT 1998

Regarding fumigants etc. we have eliminated most of their use in our
museum. Although our approach is not so practical for home collections,
I thought it might be worth mentioning that we
have our collection room maintained at a lower temperature of about
60 degrees F, and have the lights on 24 hours a day. The idea is that
both conditions are less attractive to the entry of pest organisms. This seems
to work very well. I have only had to place a couple of suspect trays
in the freezer over the last couple of years.

John Grehan