vapona

Fulvio Quinto fquinto at www.web2010.com
Sat Oct 17 07:12:59 EDT 1998

>I found the additional information from Paul Cherubini on vapona
>useful and interesting. While eliminating most chemical use for the
>museum collection, I still
>use vapona for collections at home, and in other situations where
>specimens are at greater risk.
>
>John Grehan
Hi,
Are you shure to use vapona (dichlorvos) is a good idea?.
Ciao
Fulvio Quinto
---
OSHA Chemical Sampling Information  Dichlorvos (DDVP)
NAME : Dichlorvos (DDVP)
SYNONYM : 2,2-Dichlorovinyl Dimethyl Phosphate; Vapona;
2,2-Dichlorobinyldimethyl Phosphate; DDVP prior to 9/1/89
Exposure Limits
                      OSHA GENERAL INDUSTRY STANDARD : 1.0 mg/m3 (Skin)
                      OSHA CONSTRUCTION STANDARD : 1 mg/m3 TWA (Skin)
                      THRESHOLD LIMIT VALUE : 0.1 ppm, 0.9 mg/m3 TWA (Skin)
                      RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE LIMIT : 1 mg/m3 TWA (Skin)
Health Factors
IARC : Group 3, not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans
 SYMPTOM : Miosis, aching eyes; rhinorrhea; headaches; tight chest,
wheezing,laryngeal 		spasms; salivation; cyanosis; anorexia,
nausea, vomiting,diarrhea; sweating; muscle fasciculation, paralysis,
giddiness, ataxia;convulsions; low blood pressure; cardiac irregularities;
skin, eyeirritation
HEALTH EFFECTS : Cholinesterase inhibition (HE6); LD50 (oral,rat) 56-80 mg/kg
ORGAN : Respiratory system, CVS, CNS, eyes, skin, blood cholinestera
---
Target Organs and Levels of Evidence for NTP Technical Report Number 342
 Produced from Chemtrack Database 07/23/96

 INSECTICIDE. FUMIGANT. VETERINARY USE FOR QUICK KNOCKDOWN OF INSECTS. (TDB)
 Gavage R: 0,4,8, MM: 0,10,20, FM: 0,20,40 MG/KG/50 PER GROUP

SOUTHERN LEVELS OF EVIDENCE OF CARCINOGENICITY--ORGAN/TISSUE (NEOPLASM):
            MR: SOME EVIDENCE
                                                  PANCREAS: ACINAR CELL
ADENOMA 25/50 30/49 33/50

                                                  HEMATOPOIETIC SYSTEM:
LEUKEMIA 11/50 20/50 21/50
            FR: EQUIVOCAL EVIDENCE
                                                  PANCREAS: ACINAR CELL
ADENOMA 2/50 3/47 6/50

                                                  MAMMARY GLAND:
FIBROADENOMA 9/50 19/50 16/50 OR ADENOMA 0/50 0/50 1/50
                                                  COMBINED 9/50 19/50 17/50
            MM: SOME EVIDENCE
                                                  FORESTOMACH: SQUAMOUS
CELL PAPILLOMA 1/50 1/50 5/50