Fw: Moths on the pink ladyslipper(Cyp.Acaule)

Jim Mason jmason at ink.org
Tue Oct 27 10:27:03 EST 1998

Leps-L members who are interested in the apparent perching preference of the
moth Tetracis crocallata for Pink Lady's Slipper Orchids may be interested
in the following.

Since the moth stands out visually on such a perch, I presume this is an
advertising behavior?  Or would it be a rendezvous behavior akin to
hill-topping?  Or, as Mr. Durkee states, maybe the moth just likes that
color!

Jim Mason
jmason at ink.org