re. fall baiting

jhimmel at connix.com jhimmel at connix.com
Thu Oct 29 07:37:06 EST 1998

John - I'd be interested in seeing what you turned up.  I think I'll give it a
try - I usually stop in late summer.  With the law of diminishing returns
applying at this time of year, more effort should be employed to see what can
still be found.

In my neck of the woods, S. bicolorago (Bicolored Sallow) are still coming to
lights at a strong clip!

John

<><><><><><><><><>
John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT USA
jhimmel at connix.com
<><><><><><><><><>

I don't know how many on this list participate in bait collecting, but I
thought I would mention that in the last week I have experienced some
good late warm weather here in Pennsylvania. I've managed to get
out twice, each time with the daytime temperatures in the 60's F, and
goodcloud cover in the evening. I baited in oak dominated forest, and
found between 10 to 25 moths at most bait sites. About 95% of the moths
were Sunera bicolorago (Noctuidae - sorry I don't have acess to the
common name at this moment).The rest were other noctuids, almost all being
Cucullinae).

Sincerely, John Grehan