P. sennae in Kansas City, Mo.

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Wed Sep 2 04:14:29 EDT 1998

dchaffee at gvi.net wrote:

> P. sennae is abundant in Kansas City, Mo. this summer- about one every
> one-two minutes in my .5 acre yard. During the Summers of 96&97, I
> could count the seasonal totals I saw one one hand.
>
> Dan Chaffee

We have quite a few here in South Florida ... I saw them, moving south
or southwest, along A1A in Palm Beach, and quite a few along Congress
Ave. in Lake Worth. Drifting from plant to plant, rather than
"purposeful" travelling, I think.  Perhaps a dozen in half an hour's
drive.
	This time of year I expect to see dispersal rather than migration ...
however, the redstarts are here already, so perhaps fall also is here.
We don't greet it with the same regret some of you express ...
Anne Kilmer
South Florida