Large caterpiller ID GEHP

Gordon Ramel bug.man at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 14 03:37:18 EDT 1998

This message is from KATHY <golfball100 at yahoo.com>, a office worker from
Coventry England.

Could you help me idenify 2 large caterpillers found in our back garden.
(end of August., beginning of September)

Approximately 8 cms long, approx 5/6 cms circumference.
Colour very dark brown, almost back, with yellowish pairs of diagonal
stripes ( /\
                               /\)
running down its back.  White head, with black circles which looked like
eyes.  (Almost a skull like appearance).

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

--
NOTE: This message was sent using a WWW form. Replies should be sent to the
following email address which was typed manually, and may  be incorrect: