I'm in trouble

Pierre Zagatti zagatti at versailles.inra.fr
Wed Sep 16 05:58:45 EDT 1998

Neil Jones wrote:
[cut]
> Having been involved in managing a listserver myself I know that an issue for
> subscribers is the number of emails that they receive. Today I received
> in excess of 60! I have a set up my system to segregate these into
> categories but not everyone has the expertese or facilities to do this.

[cut]

I dont really realize what are the advantages offered by a mailing list
(leps-L)
compared to the newsgroup sbel. I frequent this lepidoptera forum with
sbel,
so I keep my mailbox free of these off-topic mails (just as ads for
livestock :-)).
However I receive enough spams on my mailbox, but it's more easy to
focus
directly on personal messages.

--
Pierre ZAGATTI
INRA Unite de Phytopharmacie et Mediateurs Chimiques
e-mail zagatti at versailles.inra.fr
http://www.jouy.inra.fr/papillon/