ads for livestock, etc, etc

Doug Yanega dyanega at mono.icb.ufmg.br
Thu Sep 17 23:07:32 EDT 1998

Missed one...Sharyn Fernandez wrote:

>Hasn't
>the Agricultural industry been doing this all this time?

That makes three responses whose main attempt to argue against regulation
can be summed up as "So-n-So gets away with it all the time, so why can't
we?". Is there anyone here who truly considers this to be a persuasive
argument? Or the "We don't want anyone telling us what we can do" argument?
Is there anyone here who believes that I have been advocating that we
*exclude* the government, the agricultural industry, the research
community, or any other individuals moving organisms around from
regulation?

Peace,

Doug Yanega    Depto. de Biologia Geral, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas,
Univ. Fed. de Minas Gerais, Cx.P. 486, 30.161-970 Belo Horizonte, MG   BRAZIL
phone: 31-499-2579, fax: 31-499-2567  (from U.S., prefix 011-55)
                  http://www.icb.ufmg.br/~dyanega/