please help with pupae

lday at iquest.net lday at iquest.net
Fri Sep 25 12:45:07 EDT 1998

Do those of you who know saturniids have any idea how to get a pupa to
hatch when it isn't hatching?   My remaining imperialis pini pupae are
just sitting there.  They went through the winter along with many other
pupae, including another pini who hatched ages ago (some time in August).
They are alive and they squirm, but still don't eclose.  In a fit of pique
I put them in the frij the other night, then took them out this morning,
but they are still alive.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE?   I'm out of creative ideas.

(and no snide comments Ted!  :-)

Thank you all,

Liz

Liz Day
LDAY at iquest.net
Indianapolis, Indiana, central USA - 40 N latitude, zone 5b.
www.iquest.net/~lday