Whereabouts of Sylvia Franzl

Robert P. Dana danax001 at tc.umn.edu
Mon Sep 28 02:42:52 EDT 1998

In TISSUE AND CELL, 1984, 16(2), Sylvia Franzl, Michael Locke, and P. Huie
published an interesting article on secretory structures present in larval
and pupal cuticle in Calpodes ethlius. Subsequently, S. Franzl published a
number of papers dealing with the chemical defenses of moths in the genus
Zygaena. Does anyone know where Dr. Franzl is today? At the time of the
publication of the C. ethlius article, she was at the Fakultat fur
Biologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Germany. I believe she was at the
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie und Phytochemie, Westfalishen
Wilhelms-Universitat, Munster, Germany in 1989 when she published a paper
in Experientia, but a check of the Web site for this University doesn't
have her listed as a member of the faculty. I would appreciate any help in
contacting her--I am interested in whether she or any of her coauthors did
any further research on the cuticular structures in C. ethlius.