Bumbling amature

Ryan Walters walter at rmi.net
Thu Apr 1 11:33:48 EST 1999

My e-mails are usually fool of bad english to. It should be forgivable.
E-mail is to me an informal mothed of comunicating at most times.
I don't check them. I run the top program in my field in the country
right now and I dont proofread much of anything. I don't have to. When
you can do that which no one else can you get a degree of latitude.  Plus
that is what secrataries are for.

It occurs that amatuer is our problem since it includes all entomoligists
that are not pursueing a living from the field. With a range from a kid
catching bugs and using sewing pins and clothes boxes to Dr. Downie,
author aof a major beetle series,  Downie was a research Psycologist and
a non professional entomoligist (an amature)  I apologize for whomever I
have upset.  I have just met a mass of unfriendly people out there. It is
not only bug people.  Perhapse what we need is not a cry to get along,
but a communial spanking.  We have lost common courtesy.

Wait a second, I don't apologize. I am here and I am not going away.

Of all the postings the nasty flaming is the most fun and isn't that why
we are here.  Bugs are fun.  If you work in this field and find that bugs
are not fun, write me. I will help you find another job. This has been
good for me, I take myself way to seriously to often.
Thank you Dr. Adams