Old, obscure question.

priamus at hotnet.com.au priamus at hotnet.com.au
Tue Apr 6 04:50:44 EDT 1999

Lycaenidae, Acrodipsas myrmecophila (Waterhouse and Lyell), 1913 is also
known as Illidge's ant-blue butterfly.

Source: Butterflies of Australia, Common & Waterhouse. This is where you
look for info on all Australian butterflies.

Endangered.

I know of a colony a few miles from me was destroyed a couple of years
ago to make way for a new railway line. If the rail-line didn't get'em,
then the new 6 lane freeway now being built sure would have. That's the
price you pay when you live in Australia's fastest growing region.

Can't help you with a web page or photo. It's a small silver-blue
specimen with fawn under, dark brown markings running parallel to the
outer margin. Not particularly attractive, but who says only pretty
things should be saved?

Chris Hocking
Papillon Entomology . . . . . . . . . . Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?