Pierid & Nymphalid phylogenies

Göran Arnqvist Goran.Arnqvist at animecol.umu.se
Wed Apr 7 10:34:49 EDT 1999

Dear Leps-L subscribers,

I'm a Swedish evolutionary biologist, currently conducting a comparative
study of speciation rates in various groups of insects, among these a
series of different lepidopteran genera. I've had problems finding complete
and up-to-date phylogenies, on a generic level, for the two families of
interest, namely Pieridae and Nymphalidae. If anyone could give me a tip of
a source for such generic-level phylogenies, I would be very very grateful!

More specifically, I'm primarily interested in finding putative sister
genera to the following genera:
PIERIDAE;
Ascia
Phoebis
Eurema
Anthocaris
Gonepteryx
Leptidea
NYMPHALIDAE;
Polygonia
Erebia
Biblis
Acraea

Again, any help would be invaluable!

All the best,

/Dr Goran Arnqvist

* Dr. Goran Arnqvist
* Dept. of Animal Ecology
* University of Umea
* SE - 901 87 Umea
* Sweden
*
* Email: Goran.Arnqvist at animecol.umu.se
* My new, and continuously updated, home-page:
* http://darwin.ekzool.umu.se/gaq/GA.html
* Phone: +46-90-786 7704
* Fax: +46-90-786 7665