Name that caterpillar

Pierre Zagatti zagatti at versailles.inra.fr
Fri Apr 9 03:55:57 EDT 1999

I don't know what a Hebe shrub is, but it
might be a larva of the Winter Moth, Operophtera brumata (Geometridae),
rather lazy and adopting a ring posture when disturbed.

Have a look at:

http://www.jouy.inra.fr/USER/PRODUCTIONS/BDD/HYPPZ/RAVAGEUR/6opebru.htm

--
Pierre ZAGATTI
INRA Unite de Phytopharmacie et Mediateurs Chimiques
e-mail zagatti at versailles.inra.fr
http://www.jouy.inra.fr/papillon/